In addition to mechanical technological tests (e.g. compressive strength, tensile strength, modulus of elasticity), our building materials laboratory also performs tests to diagnose damage to existing structures (e.g. microscopic tests, construction chemical tests). Moreover, there are also tests for durability and weather resistance (e.g. frost test, UV test, durability test under offshore conditions). In this context, not only mineral building materials such as concrete, masonry, screed but also steel and plastics are tested.
Testing laboratory for concrete according to DIN 1045-3:
Our concrete laboratory and our employees meet the requirements of a permanent concrete testing laboratory according to DIN 1045-3, so that we can offer you internal quality control according to DIN 1045-3 and an extensive range of standard tests.
Development of special concretes:
For your special construction task, we are at your disposal for the development of innovative and special concrete samples, e.g. easily compactible concretes, self-compacting concretes or underwater concretes.
Durability testing of building materials:
Under laboratory or practical conditions we perform durability tests of building materials, e.g. acid resistance test of building materials, frost resistance, AKR test and damage analysis (fog chamber test), chloride migration resistance.
Our tests of coatings for steel and concrete and corrosion tests include e.g. the performance of coatings under UV stress, different climates (temperature, humidity, salt) and special stresses. In the following we would like to present you an excerpt of our extensive testing and laboratory activities. Our range of services includes:
Fresh concrete tests:
- Determination of consistency
- Slump flow measure
- Determination of the air void content and fresh concrete density
- Determination of the mixing stability (bleed bucket test, sedimentation experiments)
- Tests of exposed -concrete (by means of exposed concrete test formwork)
- Determination of grading curves
Tests on hardened concrete or other solid, mineral building materials:
- Compressive strength test
- Splitting tensile strength test
- Flexural tensile strength test
- pull-off test and tensile bond strength
- Test of acid resistance
- Determination of the chloride / sulphate content in drilling dust
- Chloride migration test (RCM test)
- Acid tests on mortar and concrete
- Test of the expanding effects on mortar and concrete
- Determination of gross density (e.g. by means of underwater weighing)
- Water penetration tests on concrete (WU test stand)
- Microscopic examinations (e.g. to determine the depth of damage)
- Investigation of the AKR risk (alkali-silica reaction), e.g. microscopic examination of thin sections, cloud chamber testing, etc.