Expert staff and comprehensive technical equipment
The expertise of our employees on structural diagnostics is complemented by a comprehensive range of testing and analysis equipment as well as sampling devices. Our technical staff (master concrete builders, SIVV certificate holders) professionally covers up any areas that were under investigation or creates sample areas for repair work.
Accessibility to all operation sites possible
In general, structural diagnostics for large and extraordinary buildings such as power stations, industrial buildings or bridge structures present a great challenge in terms of creating accessibility. Upon request we can ensure accessibility to the structure by means of scaffolding, elevating systems, boom lifts and climbing devices. Our staff has the appropriate aptitude test certificates, e.g. altitude tests, respiratory protection.
Prediction of the assumed lifespan of a building
We evaluate the results of the structural diagnostics with regard to the predicted lifespan of the building, enabling quantitative statements on the progress of damage over time and thus the extent of necessary repair works.
Scope of services and test and measuring devices
For the purpose of targeted structural diagnostics we can offer you a wide range of destructive and non-destructive inspection and testing methods. We will be glad to advise you on the selection of suitable methods or to develop a sample-taking and testing concept for your individual needs.
Below we would like to give you an overview of our repertoire of available tests and examination methods:
Non-destructive testing methods on concrete, reinforced concrete and pre-stressed concrete components
- Hilti FerroScan PS 200 (reinforcement location device)
- Hilti X-Scan PS 1000 (radar location device)
- Proceq Profoscope (concrete cover measuring device)
- Determination of concrete compressive strength by means of mechanical and electronic rebound hammers
- Potential field strength measurement to determine the corrosion state of the reinforcement
- Measurement of ultrasonic transit times for (micro-)structural investigation
Non-destructive testing methods on steel components
- Material and coating thickness measurement by ultrasound
- Compressed air tests to check impermeability
Sampling to examine the (micro-)structure and for mechanical-technological studies in our building materials laboratory
- Core sample taking from concrete, reinforced concrete and masonry; up to a depth of 6 m
- Removal of small core samples from steel components
- Removal of pre-stressed steel samples
- Drilling dust removal
Further measuring and testing methods on structural components
- Endoscopic examinations
- Determination of carbonation depth
- Pull-off tests and tensile bond strength
- Anchor pull out tests
- Moisture determination in the structural element
- Crack recording and crack mapping
- Cross-cut tests on coatings
- Magnet fluorescence test
Based on our experience and scientific orientation we are also able to develop and implement alternative, individual measuring and inspection methods.